We are so sorry for the delay in getting dates to you for EPUG-UKI events this year.
We’ve had some issues with booking the British Library for the Spring AGM so we have made the hard decision to run this event virtually.
We know how much you value the opportunity to meet with colleagues face to face so we hope to have additional in person events throughout the year.
Virtual AGM – Tuesday May 23rd – please hold the date – we already have some great sessions lined up. Schedule to be confirmed soon.
Hybrid Autumn Conference in October – Hopefully at the British Library – dates to be confirmed. If you have any topics to share please get in touch.
In person themed days – We have had these in the past focussing on Analytics, Content, Leganto, Resource Sharing. For those who have not attended it’s a chance to concentrate on one module of one product.
Suggestions which have come via the Thursday call are: Acquisitions; Content (specifically Community Zone) we would welcome any offers of a venue and help to arrange. ExLibris product specialists would be invited to attend. The format is usually a mixture of talks, demos and discussions led by the needs of the attendees.
If you have any questions or suggestions for any EPUG-UKI events or how EPUG-UKI works please do let us know.
All the best
On behalf of the EPUG-UKI Committee
It was great to see so many of you at IGeLU2022 in Cardiff. If you attended the conference you will/should have received a link and instructions on how to access the recordings. If you were not at the conference and have an IGeLU membership you can use your member’s login to access. IGeLU 2022 Presentations – IGeLU
If you have any feedback about the conference please send it on. You should have received in invitation to complete a survey.
EPUG-UKI meeting held during IGeLU2022 – had a few follow up actions:
- Documentation – We need to provide specific examples of the difficulties we are having with documentation . Ex Libris are very willing to discuss them with us. We could ask Ex Libris documentation team to join us on one of the Thursday calls to go over issues. Amanda has setup a document for capturing use cases. Could you please add details to the sheet on Google Docs (refer to the email update sent on 04/11/22 for the link).
- New Release Testing – We talked about testing new releases and agreed it would be good to share approaches. Could potentially discuss at the next Monthly Call.
- Content – ExLibris content staff joined the meeting and offered to give us another export of UKI calls relating to Content so we could continue to prioritise. We do have an EPUG content mail list for discussion – and there is a content Basecamp. Do we want to ask for an up to date list?
- Resource Sharing – we discussed the setup for Resource Sharing, RapidILL etc and how complex it can be – just a reminder there is a Basecamp if you are interested and we continue to share knowledge with each other. Let us know if you need an invite.
Other EPUG-UKI news
- EPUG-UKI Committee – we’re pleased to welcome two new ordinary members onto the committee. Abbie Ball from Plymouth and Sally Smith from Surrey. Welcome both.
- EPUG-UKI meetings 2023– we usually have two a year – the committee are planning next year’s sessions. Physical only or hybrid. Hybrid will come at a cost so we’re working out options. We’re planning events in Spring and Autumn as usual.
All the best,
Alex (on behalf of the committee)